Monday, July 12, 2010

To Take a Moment...

At the end of my crazy day, when I am left with a living room littered with toys, my cold pizza and my aching feet, I like to count my victories.

1. I am still standing (well, I could stand... but I'm actually sitting).
2. My children, all 4 of them, were dressed before noon. (Nevermind that I was in my pajamas well past noon)
3. There was considerably less snot to wipe today. (Yay!)
4. I did a load of laundry and remembered to put it in the dryer (where it will no doubt reside for several days to come).
5. "Roomtime" was restored to the schedule.
6. I remembered to give the children the proper medications at the proper times and in the proper dosages (we have some ear infections and teething pain going on).
7. I was able to answer my phone and carried on two uninterrupted conversations.
8. Both babies pooped (something possibly only a mother could understand and appreciate).
9. I allowed people to come over eventhough my house is a disaster and truly did not care.
10. I am "blogging" this list.

Life with "four under four" is absolutely nuts. But when nuts becomes normal and we all can redefine our place a little and settle in, then it truly does feel easier - and dare I say enjoyable!
And when your 3-year old comes to you with a box of toys that she wants to donate (and yes, she does use that word) to someone who needs them, you overhear your 1-year old counting to ten (genius!), and your sweet, little 2-month olds look up at you with bright eyes and smile, you know that you are doing something right. Praises to God for seeing me through the day, and giving me moments of joy to sleep on.

....And now for the quote of the day...
Mom: "Julia, it's time for bed."
Julia: "I don't want to go to bed. It's my pleasure."
Mom: "What's your pleasure?"
Julia: "It's my pleasure to be in charge."

3 comments:

  1. HAHA!!!

    I LOVE Julia! She's SOOO hilarious! And so smart, too!

    I'm impressed by you, Em! You are awesome! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love Julia's quotes!
    You are an amaizing woman and an amazing Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha oh Em how I miss your humor and sarcasm. I adore you for what you are instilling in your kids and the attitude in which you have while doing it. They will cherish these moments with you as He continues to enable you to do the hardest, yet more rewarding role in the world....being a mom. :) GRACE to you.

    ReplyDelete