Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How It's Done...

This is something that I've heard people say a lot to me recently:
"I don't know how you do it."
And so I have been thinking about how I do it and this is what I have come up with:
I don't do it. Not only am I well set up by and cared for by the Great Lord and Savior, but I have an entourage of helping hands and willing volunteers! My mother is with us several times during the week, caring for children, making meals, going to the store and things of the like, my mother in law takes the older girls one day a week to lighten my load, my father goes to Costco for me (wahoo!), I have people bringing us dinners, people coming by to help with projects or feed a baby or two, the occasional saving grace of a friend bringing me a delicious coffee treat, and a seemingly endless list of voluteers waiting in the wings! And let me take a moment to mention that I have the most amazing husband that I could hope for. He works hard both out of and in the home. He amazes me to no end... and he is adored by his daughters. (Thanks for doing Life with me, babe!)
I guess my point in this little blurb (is that a word?) is two-fold:
1. To thank all of the willing people who show us support and an outpouring of love. You all are so appreciated. Thank you for recognizing the need and stepping in to lend a hand... or two... and then some.
2. And to set the record straight that I do not do it alone. I can do it because I have help - both from family and friends and God who gives me strength.

....ummm, don't get me wrong, though... hardest thing I've ever done.

Ok... that's it for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment