Saturday, July 10, 2010

Here we go...

So I'm not really one for the whole "blog" thing... I don't really read blogs, follow blogs, or even like the word "blog" for that matter. BUT, I do enjoy a good challenge (a good word for my life right now!), which is why I'm here!
It seems as though right now my life is made up of a series of moments (sounds cliche, I know... hang with me on this...) - amusing (and sometimes not so) anecdotes that arise from my children. Life is FULL of humor when your days are spent with a 31/2 year old, 18 month old, and TWO 2 month olds (4 under 4, as my brother-in-law likes to remind me). The challenge (there's that word again!) is finding the humor, staying relaxed, maintaining order, raising decent human beings, stay standing, and remembering those key moments that make it all worth it - the moments to propel me into the next day (as if I have a choice, right?!?) It's a good thing that God has given me the four most beautiful little girls. Witty and charming, they are! Even my itty bitty babies!
All this to say: People are always telling me "You gotta write this stuff down! Your kids are too funny! You'll never remember all this unless you write it down." Then a friend recently said to me "You should write a blog! I'd totally read it! Life with four under four!" Well, Cheryl, I'll take on your challenge! Even if you are the only one to read it, this could be good for me... a mental unlaoding if nothing else. Am I going to write every day? Seriously doubtful... Every week? Probably not.... Monthly? Sounds do-able.... Yearly? What would be the point....? Whatever the case, here it is: random, raw, unplugged if you will. Stay tuned if you'd like...

9 comments:

  1. oh! and I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm not always the most computer-savvy person... so let's see if I can make this work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nevermind... that was a lot easier to put together than I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl. Sounds like a fun challenge. I support you, too. It almost makes me want to start writing it all down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are amazing and I am impressed and proud (as always). I think this is a great idea and I hope you have time to do this and sleep, too. You make me smile...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Emily!!! Looking forward to the future reads....you rock girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! i'm shocked. never thought i'd see the day! and you're doing GREAT... blogging, but more importantly taking care of your ladies. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun! I read all kinds of blogs, but it's cool to read a blog by someone I actually know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl! You are actually really good at blogging in my opinion! this may be a little selfish on my Part, but I am excited your doing this! It helps me seem close even though I am on the other side of the world! I don't Quite have the 4 under 4, but I did have 3 girls under 5 when larissa was born!

    ReplyDelete